Supporting running in the metro Richmond area
Looking to improve your 10K time? Do you want to set a P.R.? Tired of training alone? Need some motivation to help you really get in shape for the Ukrop's Monument Ave. 10K? Look no further than your local running club. Individuals who are currently running at least 25 miles a week and can run a 10K in 55 (9 minute pace) minutes or less and want to improve their time will work together in teams of similar ability with a coach to reach their goal.
Register online You can register online and mail in a check!
See who is participating
Join RRRC today and save $10 on this training program (students $5, individuals $15, families $20).
Fee for the RRRC Advanced 10K Training Team*
RRRC Members $40
* The training fee does not include entry into the Monument Avenue 10K.
When you sign up for the team, here is what you get:
• 11-week training program (starts on Saturday, January 9) with a detailed written schedule;
• Guidance from experienced coaches;
• Organized weekly group runs on Saturday mornings;
• Track workouts on Wednesday evening at the Sports Backers Track;
• A special RRRC Training Team racing shirt;
• 4 Special clinics: Running Shoes; Strength Training for Speed; Injury Prevention; and Sports Psychology
• Entry into the Sweetheart 8K (February 13)
• Entry into the Huguenot 3M (February 28)
• Special benefits at Endorphin Fitness, including:
-Free Access to The Endorphin Fitness Training Center for Training. Team members will have access to Cycling Stationary Trainers, Computrainers, Endless Pool, Strength Equipment, and Powercranks.
-Discounts on Extended Services.
The training program will be a mixture of speed workouts, tempo runs, and distance workouts. Saturday group runs will be from SAVOR Cafe (201 West 7th Street). SAVOR is conveniently located in the Old Manchester district of Richmond (South of the James River), only a 3-minute drive from downtown Richmond! Track speed workouts will be held on Wednesday evenings at the Sports Backers Track behind the Diamond off of Boulevard.
You are not required to participate in each program activity but will benefit most if you do the Saturday tempo runs and the Wednesday speed workouts.
Read about the Program in Sports Backers Quaterly
Participation is limited to 200. Register early.
All correspondence about the program will be conveyed via email. You must have an email account to participate.
All Training Team entry fees must be received by Jan. 31, 2010 in order to participate in the program. Training Team fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable, no exceptions. Once we receive your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. RRRC can not be responsible for miss-directed applications.
Questions? Contact head coach Tony Basch at email@example.com