Supporting running in the metro Richmond area
• Would you like to get in shape to run the Monument 10k?
• Do you enjoy socializing with fellow runners?
• Do you like to have a post run meal & drink?
This is the fifth year of the Monument 10k training team that knows how to have fun. $30 gets you everything below plus a great time and a chance to make a few friends. Beginner and intermediate runners are welcome.
Our first group run will be Sunday, January 19th at 10:00 a.m. All group runs will start at Byrd Park in the large gravel lot next to the Carilon at Dogwood Dell. You can still sign up before the run.
Pavement Pounders team members will receive:
• A written 10 week training program with a daily training calendar
• Weekly group runs (Sunday mornings), weekly track workouts (Wednesday evenings)
• Specials at the sponsor bar each week after the run
• A Pavement Pounders T-Shirt
• Running/Injury clinic, welcome packet, and more...
• Guidance from experienced runners and coaches
For more info email the head coach Jason Dowdy at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website where you can also sign up: http://www.rvapavementpounders.com/
** Registration into the Monument 10k is not included
An excerpt from an article about the Pavement Pounders posted on Richmond.com:
“Training: A big shout-out to the Pavement Pounders, a grassroots training group put together by seasoned runner Jason Dowdy. Comprising both friends and random runners who found out about the group through Facebook and Craig’s List, we met every Sunday at Byrd Park to run and then down Bloody Mary’s at The Republic afterward. I can’t imagine finishing the race without the structured training schedule or the guilt associated with missing a group run. Sure, it may be fun to stay with the YMCA training teams, but running with an Indian, construction worker and a cowboy is just creepy.”