Supporting running in the metro Richmond area
• Would you like to get in shape to run the Monument 10k?
• Do you enjoy socializing with fellow runners?
• Do you like to have a post run meal & drink?
This is the third year of the Monument 10k training team that knows how to have fun. $25 gets you everything below plus a great time and a chance to make a few friends. Beginner and intermediate runners are welcome.
We will be holding an orientation/social on Thursday December 15 at Baja Bean Co in the Fan from 7 pm to 10 pm. Come anytime and speak to one of the coaches and sign up if you'd like to participate.
Pavement Pounders team members will receive:
• A 10 week training program with a weekly group run
• Specials at the sponsor bar each week after the run
• Running/Injury clinic, welcome packet, and more
• Guidance from experienced runners and coaches
• A discount day at one of the local running stores
For more info email the coach Jason Dowdy at email@example.com
Check out the website: http://www.rvapavementpounders.com/
** Registration into the Monument 10k is not included
An excerpt from an article about the Pavement Pounders posted on Richmond.com:
“Training: A big shout-out to the Pavement Pounders, a grassroots training group put together by seasoned runner Jason Dowdy. Comprising both friends and random runners who found out about the group through Facebook and Craig’s List, we met every Sunday at Byrd Park to run and then down Bloody Mary’s at The Republic afterward. I can’t imagine finishing the race without the structured training schedule or the guilt associated with missing a group run. Sure, it may be fun to stay with the YMCA training teams, but running with an Indian, construction worker and a cowboy is just creepy.”