Supporting running in the metro Richmond area
Time: December 8, 2012 from 9am to 12pm
Location: Powhatan High School
Street: 1800 Judes Ferry Road
Website or Map: http://runpowhatan.wordpress.…
Phone: (804)-598-5710 X223
Event Type: trail, run, 10k
Organized By: Elliot A. Gibbs
Latest Activity: Dec 6, 2012
Online entry has been extended to noon on 12/6.
Registration, race details, packet pick-up: click here
Race-day entry & packet pick-up will be available.
This family-oriented charity 10k features a woodsy trail course that winds past a scenic Christmas Tree Farm and large country lake. Proceeds go to the Powhatan Christmas Mother (to help buy meals & presents for less-fortunate families during the holidays) and to charity groups & athletic programs in Powhatan High School. The course is a mix of flat, packed-dirt trails & rolling hills. There is also one creek crossing that can be jumped with a good leap. Thanks so much!
Course map: click here
New dri-fit shirt design: click here
Race features include:
- Female, male, & co-ed team option.
- Custom dri-fit shirts for the first 250 entries, cotton t-shirts for all other participants.
- Trophies & 3SPORTS gift cards for overall winners.
- Trophies for top 3 finishers in each age group.
- Plaques for top 6 teams (2 co-ed, 2 female, 2 male).
- Chip timing & this year participants can start in any waves they like on race day.
- Indoor pre-run facility & post-race awards & raffle banquet.
- Coffee, hot chocolate, H20, bagels & donuts.
- Christmas songs & live national anthem.
Team option: A captain can either 1. enter online & create a password so his or her teammates can "join" the team upon online entry or 2. mail in forms for all teammates (a completed & signed form must be included for each member). An individual can also mail in a separate form & just indicate his or her team name on the form.
Expectations: To kick off the Christmas season with 6.2 miles of chilly trails.