RRRC Holiday Lights Run/Walk
Distance: walk=3 miles, jog/run = 3.9 miles and 6.1 miles
Online registration has closed, but walk-up registration is available. Please arrive before 6 PM to sign the RRRC event waiver.
Participant List URL:
3 Mile Route:
3.9 Mile Route:
6.1 Mile Route:
- Legend will provide hot coffee, tea and apple cider post-run.
- RRRC provides the cookie trays.
- Pre-run: We will meet inside Legend to do a casual check off of runners/walkers. Post-run: we will be inside to enjoy cookies and hot drinks. Legends will set aside space for us.
- Walkers and runners are invited to stay at Legend after the run/walk to eat a meal or have a beer on their own nickel - Legend will make sure they have enough servers and Monday nights tend to be the slowest night of the week for them, so we should more tables than not.
- If bad weather on Dec 8, alternate date is Monday, Dec 15, same time, same place, same food set up. I will send the weather decision / call email on Saturday Dec 13 or Sunday morning Dec 14 to all participants who register on Raceit.com and ask you to post something on the RRRC website.
Other fun details:
- Participants encouraged to wear blinkies / lights / bells / elf hats, any festive adornment
- Not a race, no timing, everyone encouraged to run with someone and safety first
- Children under 15 okay as long as they are accompanied by parent or guardian
- People participate at their own risk (Raceit.com should have the standard RRRC waiver for people to sign)
- Children or adults with special needs or baby strollers are welcome, however, the courses have long flight of steps at the beginning and end, so they should be accompanied by those who can help them navigate the steps (they need their own help or manpower)
- No pets
- Open to entire community, free of charge
- If someone is interested in being a walk or run leader, please contact Kim Moore at email@example.com by Saturday, Dec 13.