Supporting running in the metro Richmond area
RRRC Holiday Lights Walkers and Runners,
Thank you for supporting this event! We look forward to having you enjoy the lights and decorations of the business and residential areas that we will be running and walking through on Thursday evening, December 12. Here are a few tips and details that may make your evening more enjoyable:
1. Weather forecast shows Thursday evening to be dry, but quite cold. Please dress appropriately for the low temperature. If you have bright colors, lights, jingles, Santa hats, holiday fun ware, we would love for you to wear it!
2. There are three Map My Run routes and a turn-by-turn cue sheet. Please note there are stairs on the route:
3 Mile Walk Route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/333734111
3.9 Mile Route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/333733315
6.1 Mile Route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/333731941
Please print and study the routes that you would like to do. If you cannot open the turn-by-turn PDF file, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 3 PM, and I will try to get something to you. You are responsible for printing out the routes as there will be almost no extras provided at Legend Brewing. Our volunteer run leaders may run faster or slower than you, so that is why it important you have the route info in case you are separated from the leaders.
3. Everyone is reminded to run with safety in mind - please be mindful of traffic lights, right of way, motorists and general share the road courtesy. Some areas may not have street lights, so if you have a head lamp or other running lights, you are encouraged to wear them.
4. There will be a low-key name check-in inside Legend Brewing (321 W 7th St, Richmond, VA 23224 http://www.legendbrewing.com/) starting at 5:45 PM through 6:25 PM. We ask that you come inside and check in with us.
5. This is not a race. This is not timed, no medals or awards will be given out and no note of who comes in first or last. We want you to have fun!
6. Post-run / walk, we will have at least hot chocolate, coffee or tea, plus some cookies provided gratis by RRRC. You are welcome to patronize Legend on your own nickel if you would like other kinds of drinks or food.
If you have questions or comments, please reply to this email or call 358-0935.
Thanks again for your support of this event and see you on Thursday evening!
RRRC 2013 Holiday Lights Run